Laser Tattoo Removal
If you have a tattoo that you want removed, there are a few things to keep in mind first. Not all tattoos are the same.
This is a process that requires multiple sessions. Smaller tattoos are generally easier to remove than larger more elaborate ones. However, there are many other factors besides size that come into play.
The actual colors you have in your tattoo and the color of your skin play a large role in removing it:
* Black tattoos are easier to remove than those with many bright colors
* Yellow, purple, and white are nearly impossible to get rid of completely
* Green and blue colors are a bit harder to remove
* Darker skin makes it more difficult to remove tattoos than lighter skin
So why do specific tattoo colors and skin tones matter so much?
It has to do with the method used for removing tattoos. When using a laser different wavelengths of the laser target different colors in the skin. So multicolored tattoos require multiple lasers for successful removal.
When performed properly, you still will not get 100% removal of a tattoo; but you can definitely get about 90% clearance. Why? Because there are other factors besides tattoo colors and skin tones:
* Was the tattoo done by a professional?
* What type of ink was used?
* How deeply was the ink injected into the dermis (skin)?
* How old is the tattoo?
If the tattoo was done by an amateur, chances are it’s easier to remove. If the tattoo is older, it’s also easier to remove. With older tattoos the ink diffuses upward over time, which makes it easier to break up with a laser.
Lenella Laser Spa will soon be providing professional reliable laser tattoo removals at the competitive prices our clients have come to expect. Stay tuned!